Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We had a nice day with my family all coming over here. My parents and my brother and his family all live close by so it was nice to get together. The older the kids get the harder it is to get everyone together. We ate and talked and watched Funny Home Videos. It is good to laugh.

R is trying out for another play tomorrow. We're encouraging A to try out too. I've toyed with the idea. The last time I was in a play we got out of IBESR. Maybe we'll get some forward movement if I'm in another one. We even tried to get T to audition but he is still saying no. I thought it'd be something fun to do together. Oh well.

I got the grad announcements and party invitations out this weekend. I'm glad that is done. Now we have to gear up for the actual graduation and the party. Whew!

J tried to call today but the weather somewhere between here and Haiti was causing problems. We heard him briefly and then that was it. We never did get a hold of him again. This is my third Mother's day without him here. That just hurts so bad. We're at 32 months in this crazy process, 11 1/2 months since we've had forward movement. It's so hard.

Maybe I should do a thankful list; I'm thankful for my family-the dads and kids prepared and cleaned up the meal today. I'm thankful for my mom and I'm thankful for my kids. I'm thankful for chocolate (A made a chocolate swirl cheesecake for today).

No comments: