Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little news and a couple of pics

Well, we got the news yesterday that our "new original" IBESR (Haitian social services) papers are completed and now it's on to the court papers. I guess everything has to be done in a specific order and that's why they can't all be dropped off at once to the different offices and then picked up. I guess they have to have the right stamps, signatures, etc. in the right order. At least it's progress.

Here is a flower from my rose bush that A gave me a few Mother's Days ago. It had these beautiful lavender roses all over it and they smelled so good. Now, most of the plant has cross pollenated with some other species of rose and they are bright, deep pink and much smaller and less fragrant than the lavender ones. Sigh...
These are some bulb fowers sent to me by a friend when our papers were discovered MIA. They arrived as puny yellow shoots that were green the next day and bloomed in a few days. I used them as a centerpiece for Mother's Day. Aren't they beautiful? Thanks R!

And you know how we love the crazy cats in our lives. This is my Dexter. I found him like this the other day and had to snap a pic.

In other news, Sanome has managed to get her tail bleeding again even with the cone on her head and T is snoring even with the CPAP on his head. Ugh! I didn't get much sleep the other night between Sano scratching and T snoring. C 'est la vie.

2 comments:

Chapter Two said...

Hi Amy,
I'm so glad you got some word about your files! I'm praying.
Blessings!

Amy said...

Thanks.
Amy