Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol and mystery rash unmystified

I wasn't home in time to see Idol but I was on the phone with a friend getting the play by play complete with a (sort of) British accent when Simon spoke. Too funny. I was very happy for David Cook. Give Archuleta a couple years and look out world. He's got a big career ahead of him too.

For about a week and a half I've had a rash, mostly on my trunk. I kind of thought it would just go away. It didn't itch much and didn't hurt. Since it was still here after a week and a half I decided to have it checked by a doc. I had looked in a medical book and found what I thought it was and then googled that and was pretty sure that's what it was. I had it confirmed today that I have pityriasis rosea. The good news is that it doesn't hurt, doesn't itch much-just occasional prickly heat type feeling, and I'm no longer contagious. Apparently you're only contagious for a couple days when you first get it and if my family were going to get it, they'd already have it. The bad news is, it's a virus that has to run it's course and it take 6-8 weeks to run it. Sigh...at least most of the spots are hidden by clothes. I have a few spots on my neck, a couple on each arm and a few on each leg. Other than that the spots are kind enough to stay hidden, especially nice since they hang around for so long.

5 comments:

Chapter Two said...

Hi Amy,
Yes, I'm a fan of the show with the bad name too! I didn't watch until the very end last night but was glad to see David C win.

'Sorry to hear about your rash. I had a funny one too a couple of weeks ago; I realized by searching the internet that it was ring worm (weird name as it's a fungus and not a worm). Thankfully, it was gone in a week with over-the-counter cream. I hope yours goes away faster than predicted.

'Still praying for your case.

Amy said...

Thanks!
Amy

Chapter Two said...

Hi again Amy,

If you're up for it, I'm tagging you with a meme. It would be fun to learn more, but no offense if you don't want to. Here's the link: http://chapter2lifetogether.blogspot.com/2008/05/meme-from-manmi.html.

T and T Livesay said...

Checking in on you Amy. Wish we could get that season of American Idol -- do they sell it after the season is over? I watched the first episode when there were 24 and really liked that wild haired bi-racial girl - but obviously she was voted off - only know that it came down to two guys.

Be encouraged, every day you are closer to the end of all of this waiting.

Amy said...

Chapter 2, I'd love to play the game but after this weekend is over. R is graduating and we have 50+ people coming to celebrate with us. Tara, thanks for checking in and I bet you can buy the season DVD's. Thanks for the encouragement.
Amy