Saturday, December 1, 2007

The parade

I started posting this last night but our internet was acting weird so I finished it after church. The parade was fun. It was a good diversion. Here is a pic of the church float.
This is from the work float looking ahead. It was a fairly long parade. The church float was ahead of us by about 15 or so.


This is a pic of people taking pics of us. We had two dogs in our float and they were wearing antlers and a santa hat. We had lots ooohhhing and aaaahhhing and "look at the doggies". It was fun.


Here's another shot of the people lined up for the parade.

I'm not sure how we managed to both be making the same facial expression just as someone snapped our pic, but we did. Maybe we were saying the same thing to the dogs. Aren't they cute?-I mean the dogs.
This ones a little better.

Well, the parade was fun and the weather was good. We're going to work on decorating the tree and house today. T cut the tree yesterday and set it up. It smells so good.
~ Church was good this morning. We had the lighting of the first advent candle and it was the "prophecy candle". Our pastor spoke some about Joseph's part in it all. We looked at Micah 6:8 and how Joseph did "justly" and did not divorce Mary. Even though they didn't understand it all they said, I'll do what is right. Mary said, "Be it unto me according to Your Word." Our Pastor basically said we need to be willing to say, okay God. I trust You, just because of Who You are. Or that's what I got out of it. I'd say I got just what I needed to. None of this process makes sense to me right now, but I need to trust God just because of Who He is.

1 comment:

danellejoy said...

Trusting with you! I played at the Nursing Home today for an afternoon service our church does and Pastor asked me what song I wanted to sing----I chose "'Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus" Oldie but a goodie! Maybe it might help you too? hugs!