Friday, December 28, 2007

One of THOSE days

Today is Friday, not Monday. It seems they got confused somehow. Last night we heard that the files that our O had in MOI were sent back because some stamp was missing from the second legal office. At this point I'm just like, ha! Whatever. We've been "paper pregnant" for 27 months now. This is absurd. But I don't have to understand it. I have to trust God. Prayers appreciated. ~ The girls and I had planned to shop today since R and I were both off work. My mom decided to go with us too. It rained all day. ~ Dexter yacked a hairball on my purse in the middle of the night and I found it this morning. ~ We decided to take my mom's van because ours has been iffy on the starting. T took our van to Autozone and had the battery and alternator checked. They said the alternator was bad. $200. Thank God my hubby knows how to work on cars. Curse the people who designed the minivan engine compartment. Kidding-sort of. He had to take like 50 things off to the get to the one thing that really needed to come off. It is back on and he is returning the old alternator for the deposit money back. Hopefully that solves the iffy starting problem as we are taking a little trip next week. T had intended to work on his truck today. There's always tomorrow. ~ I wasted 45 minutes at the DMV office this morning because my driver's license expires on Jan. 2 and I work on the 31st and leave for mini-vacation on the 1st. I got in the information line and they told me to fill things out on the computer in the corner and then they would call my name for my pic. Should take 15 minutes. I got in line for the computer, filled it out and sat down and waited. Okay, somebody farted in there. It wasn't pretty. Then the two people who were ahead of me on the computers got called up. I thought, okay, I'm next. Not too bad. Then they call like 6-8 other people up there. I finally got up without my name being called and asked if they even had me in their computer. Oh no. My name got lost between the computer where I filled things out and his computer to have my pic taken. Yes, that would be me. Lost between the computers. Just call me Ziggy. I told him that coming to the DMV was one of my least favorite things to do. Right up there with doctor appointments. He said this was his least favorite thing to do also. I looked at him and laughed. Turns out he's a state trooper who just had knee surgery and they stuck him in the DMV snapping mugshots with inferior computer equipment. He was great. 45 minutes after I entered, I did walk out with my new driver's license. ~ All I ended up buying today was boring groceries and household stuff at Wal-Mart. My children found some cool bargains though. ~ In light of the current theme in my life to "praise God anyway" I am thankful for a few things. I'm thankful for time spent with my mom and daughters. I'm thankful that T was able to get the part on the car and to do it before our trip. I'm thankful that they are at least working on our file at MOI. I'm thankful that my finger is so much better. Who would've thought that cutting off the side of the fingernail would help so much. Go figure. I'm thankful that I don't have to sit through the DMV and get my pic taken for another few years and for a state trooper with a good attitude even though he has to sit at the DMV office everyday. Bless him. And I'm still thankful for my cats, even if they yack on my purse in the middle of the night.
Amy

No comments: