Friday, December 14, 2007

Cats

~ It's late at night and here I am putting some pics on the blog. R is on a date with her boyfriend, another “J”. They are double dating with another couple and went to the Chipmunk movie. The problem was that by the time they got there it was sold out. So they all had to call home and get permission to stay for the late show. The rest of us went over to some friend’s house and practiced for a dramatic interpretation of the song “Christmas Shoes” that we are doing for church. It’s a family of 4 and they are all in it. The 8 year old (well, he turns 8 just after midnight tonight) is playing the little boy, dad is playing the man who narrates/gives the kid some money, mom is the mom (of course) and the 4 year old is going to sing in the last part where the kids sing the chorus. Talented family. The 8 year old is doing an awesome job. He looks so cute trying to pull money out of his pockets and putting the shoes on his momma. A and T are watching Santa Clause 3 and T is waiting for R to get home. She's a senior in high school but she's still his little girl, as far as he's concerned.

~ Sometimes it feels like a zoo around here. I'm sure adding J to the mix will be quite interesting. If he ever gets here. We haven't heard anything new since the possibility of forward movement on Tuesday. Here's a pic of A's cat Misty holding her own sippy cup. I know, we have strange animals. Now if we could just get her to fill it up on her own. Isn't she cute?
Ah, same cat a few minutes later. Cats are so bendable, like Gumby. She cracks me up.

Dexter is 10 now. He's getting to be an old man cat. He's real bad about waking me up in the middle of the night to let him outside. I usually try to put him out before I go to bed. Two days ago we had record breaking high temps. It was in the 70's. Now it's c-c-cold out. I feel kind of bad putting an old man cat outside on cold nights. But I also feel bad when he wakes me up in the night to go out catting. Sometimes he makes the decision for me by going where I can't get to him and put him out. Last night was one of those nights. He jumps onto the counter. He knows this is a no no but he thinks the 5 second rule applies to having his feet on the counter so he quickly jumps to the top of the refrigerator and from there to the top of the cabinets. This is a pic of his favorite cabinet to hide on. Can you see him?
Peek-a-boo, here he is. He's hiding between the collectibles up there. He is the black stuff with the glowing eyes.


I had to stand on a barstool to get this pic. He was really up there. Silly cat. And yes, he woke me up in the middle of the night to go outside. Who has who trained?

No comments: