Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ambidextrous, J, CD's and laundry

Well, for those of you who are keeping up with the fat finger saga the big bandage is off. T helped me cut most of it off last night and then I soaked off the part that stuck to it. It doesn't look too bad really. It's still fat but I guess it has a right to be at this point. It better start to slim down soon though. I'm tired of this game. I guess the Lord wants me to be ambidextrous or something. I've discovered that my middle finger on my right hand is a lot more talented than I thought it was. I've also discovered that I can do a lot more with my left hand than I thought. And then yesterday I got stuck driving the Jeep for some reason. This is a 14 year old Jeep with 207K + miles on it. T rebuilt the bottom of the engine (whatever that means) last summer so it does run pretty good considering it's age and miles. It was my car about 10 years ago. When we got the van it became T's. R is looking forward to the day when she can call it hers. I don't know why she wants it really but if T ever gets his truck going R is welcome to whatever is left of the Jeep. Anyway, it was stalling on me when I came to a stop. So I had to keep my right foot on the gas and work the brake with my left foot. See, ambidextrous. If you've ever worked the pedals with your left foot you know how interesting that is. When I had my second diagnosed stress fracture in the right foot a few years ago I had to wear a "boot" and worked the pedals with my left. It can be done. I was a little rusty though and we had a couple of abrupt stops. I had A and her friend with me and we all just laughed at it. Sometimes you just have to laugh. I'm not sure why the Lord wants me to be ambidextrous though.

~ I got to talk to J a little bit ago. He sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to me. Too cute. Our conversations have a lot of dead air time. We use Skype so there is a bit of a delay. Most conversations consist of us asking him questions, wait for the delay, and then he says, "Yes." That is his answer to all questions. We've got to figure how to word our questions so that he can't just say yes. I asked him if he had anything to tell me and he said no. Besides the song and a bunch of "yeses" and one "no" I did ask him what he likes to play when he goes to the playground. He said, "Ball." He didn't ask when we were coming to get him. I hate to think that he may have given up. It would hurt so bad when he would ask us each week but it's worse that he doesn't ask. Please Lord, let him come home soon.

~ What are you're favorite Christmas CD's? I like Jim Brickman's "The Gift". It's better than his second Christmas CD. I also like the original Martina McBride Christmas CD from a few years ago. The one she put out this year has some re-mixes from the original one and some different songs and I just don't like it as well. I also really like Patty Loveless "Bluegrass, White Snow". If you like this genre (bluegrass) it's excellent. I also have a set of Celtic Christmas CD's that I got at Sam's several years ago that I really like. You can leave a comment if you have a favorite you want to share.

~ I'm working on laundry today. I don't mind doing it but it seems like the lion's share of laundry is done by me. Every person who lives in this house is capable of doing laundry but it never seems to enter their minds that it needs to be done. I hate to iron though. I definitely have an iron deficiency. T was trying on shirts one time and he really liked this one in particular but it wasn't wrinkle free. I try to only buy wrinkle free shirts for him but he said he'd iron it. Ha! In the 20+ years we've been married he has probably ironed 5-6 times. He'd just as soon wear a wrinkled shirt. I tried to explain that it's a reflection on me when he wears a wrinkled shirt but he doesn't seem to get it. If you know us in person and happen to see him in a wrinkled shirt remember that it's a reflection of him, not me. Thus ends my laundry diatribe.

Amy

2 comments:

danellejoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

J might be too old for this..but maybe you could think of another version:
We have a box of balls and a couple of music instruments here under the computer desk just for our phone conversations with Charlie. The one time when our camera and their camera were working it worked pretty well! I showed him something and asked him if he knew what it was and then we talked about its color, what you do with it, I threw it back and forth from one hand to the other...that kind of stuff. It added a little bit to our conversation anyway. =)
We also sang "If you're happy and you know it" And I tried to make up silly motions like "tap your head" and "wiggle your ears"---but the camera went out and we didn't get to do too many. =( J might be too old for that though.