Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Heat, kids, finger update

~ I tried to take a pic of my finger the way it looks now but it didn't turn out. It seems to have it's normal color back, it's not tingling anymore and it's not so sore across the front of the nail. It's still swollen but I guess it has a right to be at this point yet. There is a scab replacing the left edge of the nail.

~ I'm not sure what's going on with our children. I grilled A on her homework last night. She brought home mid 6 week progress reports. Almost everything that was a low grade had to do with her forgetting something. Not turning something in. She did her homework last night and asked her if she had this and that in her binder. This morning I asked again if she had all of her progress reports. She stopped eating and ran and got another one. Sigh...then I asked her about the whole list of homework, extra credit, and progress reports. I got in the shower and the phone rang. It was R saying she needed me to bring her cap and gown order and the check for that. I told her I wasn't going that way, I was going the other direction. She said it's due today and she'd call dad. Her daddy came and got it for her. Then I discovered that she left the cheese out this morning. What is with them? They need some gingko or something.

~ T talked to our O director last night and she believes that there is the potential for forward movement of our file. I pray it's so. T is excited but I've been disappointed to many times to be excited at this point. I'm grateful for the possibility but not excited yet.

~ We've had record breaking high temps the last few days. I had the windows open yesterday. Weird. It's raining again today so that may cool things off. It doesn't feel that much like Christmas with record breaking heat. I'm not complaining about it though. I've enjoyed it.

Amy

No comments: