Monday, April 4, 2011

Weary


  • I am weary. I am weary of my precious old cat being sick. I'm tired of his meds, him not eating or drinking and being miserable. I feel bad for him and just wish his old body would kick this thing.

  • I am weary of older adopted child attitudes. Must we always hit rewind, click, play, rewind, click, play?

  • I am weary of older adopted child schoolwork issues. Would it have been so bad for him to come home before the "4 years into the process" mark? Why did we have to wait so long and why did he have to get so far behind in schooling? Will he ever retain anything?

  • I am weary of the wrist cyst and whatever the right wrist is now doing.

  • I am weary of some other issues in life that I will not mention here.

  • And since I'm weary of all that stuff and the Bible says to count it all joy, I will do a thankful list. I am thankful that J did 100% better at his baseball scrimmage yesterday afternoon than he did at his practice Friday night (we took the neighbor boy along and there was no way J was going to look bad in front of him). I am thankful for jobs, a home, and cars that run. I am thankful for being able to go to church with my family yesterday and out to lunch. I am thankful for the laughter in the midst of the weighty matters of life. Like J's lost in translation yesterday when he asked for some "trembled cheese" (grated cheese).

  • (Ok, do I have some sort of setting wrong that blogger won't "publish" these with the paragraph breaks that I type in? Anyone know?)

No comments: