Sunday, April 17, 2011

Post-op

 Sorry about that very brief update on "D-day". Surgery went well. The doc told T that my tendons were very swollen making it a bit difficult. For those who want to look it up (dad) it was De quervains syndrome and the procedure was de quervains release. I also had the volar ganglion cyst removed. I have a rather large bandage.

Best I can tell there is a layer of gauze, some kind of padding, a splint and some moe gauze and a stretchy bandage. it's about an inch thick in parts.

I did ok Thursday eve until I posted that update. That was the beginning of 24 hours of sick. Yuck. This is how I spent Friday.
We finally decided that the prescription pain meds were to blame. I stopped taking them and my stomach is very happy with that decision. Saturday was much better.

Poor T has had his hands full with his pukey post op wife and the poopy post antibiotic, still on eye drops, older cat. He was with me Friday all day other than to run to the drug store to pick up anti-nausea meds. I think he was glad my mom was there for that sick episode. And he now knows that there are some important details that can't be overlooked when putting a bra on your wife. Ha!Yesterday G came over for a while and T worked on the boat. I think he was glad for the break.

A's job is going well. J is at the neighbors today. I'm managing pain with tylenol and keeping my arm elevated over my head. If you know me in person and see me with my arm up like that, just remember that its better than me throwing up on your shoes. ;)

No comments: