Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Such is life

See that tiny little bump in this blurry picture of my wrist? Hopefully at the end of next week it will be gone. There is also a tendon on the side of my wrist that is need of "release", whatever that is. I'm ready.
Remember my last post with the pics of strange things on my counter and table tops? Yesterday the GPS was sitting on the counter (don't you keep yours on the counter?) when it turned itself on and told me to turn left. Odd. I'm glad I recognized it as the GPS voice or that could have been scary. A friend told me I should have listened. It may have been leading me to a pot of gold. A suggested that I not listen to the voices.


Well, not only do I have boat parts on my table, I have them in the music room/office floor too. We are going to reupholster these parts. Can you spot Dexter in J's baseball stuff? Speaking of Dexter, remember that diarrhea I mentioned? T and I had to soak some off his behind this evening. Yuck!! Poor cat. I was wiping with a washrag (which I threw away) and didn't realize I was down to skin. Poor, poor cat. Poor us, too. T only gagged 4-5 times.
A made cupcakes yesterday. She's been wanting to make a yellow cake from scratch and found a recipe that was a cross between a yellow cake and an angel food cake. It was a light, fluffy batter. Which probably would have worked ok as a cake but as cupcakes they puffed way up.


And stuck to the pans.


And ran all over the oven. And started on fire. It was very exciting. A stood there and said, "Oh! Oh!" I called for T, turned off the oven and got out the fire extinguisher. Most of the bigger stuff was burned up by the time T got there and he just blew the rest of it out. Yes, he blew the fire out. Which proves that he is full of hot air.


I vacuumed the ashes out of the oven.


And these are the larger charred pieces that we scooped out.

Never a dull moment around here. And such is life.

No comments: