Friday, September 10, 2010

Media fast

We have decided to go one week without tv. J can't seem to stop lying because of his intense desire to park his butt in front of the tv. T and I had been talking about it anyway and now seems like a good time, Lord help us.

Yesterday was not so good. I have not had "fibro flu" in over a year since I took 2 months of doxycycline and yesterday I had it. Achy, sore throat, low grade fever. Today I'm fine. If I have it again soon I will ask about going back on doxy.

The girls won their soccer game again last night, 3-0. Woot!

I got my hair cut this morning. Woot! What is it about a hair cut that just feels so good?

I came home from work yesterday in time to grab something to eat and get J and then mom picked us up. We took J to the soccer game to sit with my dad because T had a meeting to attend, and then we were heading to church for practice. Just as we got into town I remembered that I had $20 worth of meat melting in the back of my car and we had to go all the way back home to put it in the fridge. Sigh...

We are struggling with J and his lying and his complaining and pouting at school about the work he has to do. I'm thankful for a network of people who will be helping us keep track of him and let me know if he's complaining or telling lies. I am thankful for those people. We also told J that he has to come up with his "punishment" for telling lies. He's supposed to tell me when he gets home from school. Should be interesting.

No comments: