Saturday, September 11, 2010

I did it!

We went to the lake again today and I skied for the first time in like 25 years. I got up first try. I was using "trainers" with the ski fronts held together with rope. I did a short loop and I'm sure it wasn't pretty to look at but I did it.

J did some more tubing and we all did some swimming. Plus we ate a picnic lunch on the boat. We went to the waterfall again after we picked up A, her friend E, and another friend of theirs, JD. E tried to ski and got up three times and actually skied a ways on one of those. She also used the "trainers". Then we took the rope off and JD got up no problem (his family has a boat) and he impressed us all by hanging on when we made a sharp curve and slowed down. I thought sure he was going down but he held on.

We had to dodge a few raindrops but it was a beautiful day overall.

No comments: