Sunday, September 26, 2010

The lake, again

The last time we went to the lake (two weeks ago) we said it was our last time for the season. Ha! We went again yesterday. My dad and brother spent the night in dad's cuddy cabin Friday night. I worked Sat morning but T and the kids picked me up at work as soon as I was off and we headed out.

Some friends (husband and children of J's babysitter extraordinaire) were with us, and another guy (Mr. Incredible from the super hero party) had gone out Sat. morning with his boat. So we had three boats and 10 people. It's such a blast to ride around, tie up together in the middle of the lake and swim off the boats, tube and ski.

Our boat was designated the tube boat and Mr. Incredible's boat was the ski boat. My brother skied after spending about a half hour trying to help A get up. She made it a little ways a couple of times but she got too tired before she really got the hang of it. Oh well. She can truly say she tried her best.

At one point we were pulling 10yo "M" on the tube and he was getting bounced over some waves and loving it. Then we got some huge waves and he caught some big air, like I thought he was coming out of the tube, three times in a row. The look on his face was pure terror, which of course made us laugh. When we pulled him back into the boat we were saying, "Wow! You caught so much air! I don't know how you hung on. Were you scared?" and of course he said, "Not really." Yeah, right. Too funny.

Injuries to be reported were some sunburn, a pulled knee for "big M" sustained while climbing into a boat and a bruised foot for me sustained while climbing out of the boat. A is sporting some sore muscles today but moving much better than I was after I skied a couple weeks ago. So, sore muscles and sunburn aside, if we could just get in and out of the boats without hurting ourselves we'd be in great shape. Beam me up, Scotty. The rest of what happened on the lake, stays at the lake.

No comments: