Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday

Well, I had no idea it had been so long since I updated this. The kids went to school on Thursday and Friday, thank God. I talked to J's ESL teacher and she said he had gotten five spelling words wrong and she asked him if he wanted to change anything. He said he did and she didn't tell him which ones were wrong or anything. He looked at each word and changed some things until he was satisfied with it and he got them all right.

His basketball team won their game again yesterday. That puts them at 1 and 6 or 7. They have two make up games next Saturday and then the play offs. He asked me if they would get a trophy if they won and who would keep it. I have no idea what will happen or how it will work. I'll keep you posted.

I asked his ESL teacher about his stuttering when he's really excited about something and she thinks it will go away with better language acquisition. He certainly doesn't do it all the time but it's pronounced when he's excited.

R is doing okay, falling into some sort of routine. They should be able to move into their apt. on Friday. I have no idea when the army will show up to move their stuff. She texted us saying JT was using fabric softener to wash his clothes and it's a good thing she got there. Too funny. Such a "guy" thing to do.

A is still job hunting. If she doesn't find something soon she may have to expand her area of hunting. Sigh...

Happy birthday to my older brother today! He looks pretty good for a guy his age.

We are getting ready for J's first Superbowl party. It will be a small affair here with just us and Nanny and Bampa. Unless someone else shows up. I'm rooting for the Saints and T is rooting for the Colts. I hope it's a good game and the thing I really want to see is the Focus on the Family commercial. More power to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well i hate to disagree with my brother but everyone down here in alabama was rooting for the saints sorry brother but we won lol love ya'll!