Monday, March 30, 2009

Weird day

Today has been a weird day. It started off this morning when R came back in the house saying there was a possum in the driveway that was totally unaffected by her being out there and could daddy come and do something with it before the dogs got it. I watched out the door and sure enough, it never even flinched as R walked by it, got in her car, started it and drove away. Possums are nocturnal so we've been told to beware of one out in the daytime. This one just stood there. It was weird.

They are changing our hours of operation at work. That felt weird today. I also found out not long after getting there that one of our dealers passed away last night. It was sad and made me think about the last time I had seen him and what we had said.

My bf/boss called me at closing time to see if I could give her a ride home as she had a flat tire. She was trying to put air in it and yet each time she checked the pressure it had less in it than before she put more in. Weird. On the way out after I dropped her off, their horses were standing in the middle of the driveway, just standing there looking at me. Our first van bore the hind end print of their big quarter horse in the side of it so I didn't want to get too close. I tried beeping and they didn't even flinch. So I rolled the window down and hollered that funny, nasalized word that all rednecks use, "H-yah!" That didn't faze them either so I clucked to them and told them to git up. They did at least acknowledge my presence at that point. I thought I was going to have to get out and move them out of the way. I hollered once more and they finally started moving-right down the middle of the driveway. Weirdos. I finally maneuvered around them and headed home. See, it was a weird day.

2 comments:

danellejoy said...

That is a weird day! I'm still praying that your precious boy will be home soon. Good to hear you're still praising God through your music! Aren't you glad God's given us music!? That's amazing that you play piano and guitar and sing! I'm messing around with the drum set that our son has, but I'm nowhere near good. But it sure is fun and even therapeutic...helps to put crank up the stereo and pound away! With all the musicians you have there maybe J could use some drums too! ;) He'd be able to join right in! =)
Blessings!

Amy said...

Oh, I'd love to have a drum set. I think that would be loads of fun. J does like to "make music" which is what he calls this little drumbeat type thing that he does with his mouth and voice. I have the most precious video of him with a puppy, "making music" and taking the puppy's paws and making him dance. Too cute.
amy