Wednesday, March 25, 2009

clarification

Looking back at the last post I sound pretty wimpy and depressed. Yeah, waiting for 3.5 years for an adoption process is very depressing, if you let it be. I'm not happy about the wait but I have to believe that God has a plan that my finite mind cannot fully understand. I have to believe that even though there is the human element involved, that if J was supposed to be here by now, he'd be here. I have to believe that God is in control and could work a miracle if He chose to, regardless of the human element. By "the human element" I mean the humans who are involved in the paperwork, etc. that has to be done for the process to be complete. I have to believe these things because otherwise I would be crazy or depressed. I choose not to be depressed. And on that note, how about a thankful list? I'm thankful for the nice weather we've had the past couple of days. I'm thankful for the rain that fell overnight. I'm thankful that T was able to take A to FL. I'm thankful for friends, families (and pets) who bring joy to my life.

2 comments:

Nadia said...

you have every right to be wimpy at this point. I can't imagine a 42+ month adoption!! we are turned off of adoption after 28 months. praying for ya!

Family by Love said...

Amy, I can't imagine the turmoil of emotions that you must be in. I wish there was something that I could "do" to help. I pray for you guys all the time. If you ever need to talk, give me a call.