Monday, March 16, 2009

Jelly beans and "grand kids"

I do not like jelly beans. But I do like Jolly Rancher jelly beans.


Just your average jelly bean makes me cringe to think about putting it in my mouth. I don't like the taste or the texture. But Jolly jellies are not your average jelly bean. The taste is excellent and the texture is tolerable. I love them. We love them-the girls in this house love them. T is not big on sweets. However, we do not like the orange ones. Nope. Not at all. None of us. They all get left in the bottom of the candy dish. Always. R has certain colors that she likes, A has certain colors that she likes, I love the blue ones and will eat the red and pink ones but no one likes orange.


We used to give them to our friend, CN, but now he lives on the other side of the world. They are coming home in the summer but I didn't know if the jelly beans would last until then. I saw his grandmother today and asked how long it took a package to make it to the other side of the world and told her the orange jelly bean story. Turns out she is sending a package soon and has offered to add the orange jelly beans into her package. So, do not fear. The lonely orange jelly beans will soon be on their way to someone who will truly appreciate them. (Starburst jelly beans are okay for the girls but they in no way compare to Jolly jellies. I don't care for them.)

Do you remember Lillybet, R's cute, confused goat? She was so much fun but she had peculiar eating habits. She liked my mother's flowers and ornamental trees. She hollered every time we walked out the door because she wanted out of her pen. She wasn't sure if she was a dog, a horse or a human but she knew she wasn't a goat. Then we gave her to the neighbors and her identity crisis was over. She could finally be the goat that she was destined to be. There were other goats there to show her how to act and what to eat. She now had friends who looked like her. And she settled down and started a family. She had twins a couple weeks ago. We walked over to see them this evening. This is a pic of the sky/field on the way over.

Here is R with one of her "grand kids". Get it? Baby goats are called kids? Lillybet was R's kid so here she is with her "grand kid."

Here are each of the girls with a baby.

Apparently it's kidding season at the neighbor's farm. Here is another little cutie who was born this weekend (I think).

This is "Main Fred" eating my coat. I guess most of the goats were named by the 4-year old daughter and they all have some form of Fred in their names, except Lillybet who was already named. "Main Fred" is the biggest and the father of a lot of the babies. All the other females are "Freds" and then there are a couple of new ones who are "Bubba Freds". Yeah.

Here is Lillybet with her twin daughters. The one is chewing on her collar. Someone suggested to the 4yo to name the twins Hanna and Miley, but she informed them that that was the same person. Duh.
I love how they are standing on the rocks.

And here is the little black and white cutie again.

Aww, Lillybet is a good momma.


P.S. Go to the Livesays blog for a pic of Haitian ceiling fans. Too funny. Link is on the right under blogs I read.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

I loved the pictures. I would really love to come visit you sometime. It always looks so beautiful there in your pictures. I am praying for you. Call me anytime you need a listening ear.