Sunday, March 29, 2009

That last step is a doozy

Ok, T is home. After a week of sleeping in the whole bed by myself, he's back. I didn't have any trouble going to bed and going to sleep while he was gone. He's back. He is now snoring even with the CPAP on, no matter which way he lays. Ugh! I stayed awake reading a book hoping that he'd finally quit. No luck. I finally got up and went up to J's bed. I don't like to go up there. I laid there and wondered if the kid would ever come home. We've had his room all finished and ready for him for 2 years now. I wonder if we'll ever have all three kids under the same roof together. It's depressing for me to go in his room. I think about all the stuff we've gotten for him and wonder if he'll ever use it.

Anway, the bed is not as comfortable as my own either. I did finally manage to fall asleep but Dexter woke me up wanting to go outside. I figured I was probably pretty lucky for succesfully navigating the spiral staircase in the dark one time and I didn't want to do it again. He persisted. I finally sat up and found the cat in the dark and snatched him up and carried him down the steps. I slipped slightly one time but I made it with no problems. I managed to climb back up there and fall back asleep again. Next time I woke up it was getting light out and it was just about time for my alarm to go off back down in my bedroom anyway, so I got up.

I gathered up my pillow and headed down the steps again. I did fine until Misty decided to sit on one of the steps. I managed to get around her without stepping on her. The problem was, I thought she was on the second step and I only had one more to go and she was actually on the third step. That made that last step a real doozy. The floor came up real quickly. I landed hard on my right elbow which swelled and turned blue immediately. I also hit both knees, right hip, and left big toe. Go figure. Slowly, each family member stumbled out of their rooms and stood over top of me as I laid on the floor. A was the only one who bent down to see if I was ok. She's a sweety, that one. Then they all stumbled back to their rooms. I was fuming. T did get an ice pack for me and helped attach it to my arm.

I got ready and went to church and played music and sang but I had to be real careful about getting the guitar strap over my head and into place. Now I'm starting to get sore too. I'm too old to fall like that.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

Sounds like you have had a lot going on. Be careful and take care of yourself.