Monday, July 21, 2008

Corn on the cob

It's corn time again. My dad picked a bag of corn for us the other night. We kind of have this co-operative garden going. Anyway, I peeled it or husked it or whatever it is you do with corn last night. I love doing this because we call the horses up to the fence and they get the peeling and the top and bottom of the ear. They eat the silks too. We just keep peeling and throwing it to them and they stand there like dogs watching and waiting for little bits to fall. You never know if one of them might move when you're throwing so they end up wearing some of it at times. Lady had a green yarmulke on for a while and Bridget ended up with silks stuck to her ears that looked like forelocks. Every time she moved her ear they slid a little but hung in there for quite a while. Too funny. Then I boiled it so I could cut it off the ears and freeze it and we all stood around at 9:00 last night and ate corn. I did manage to get one bag in the freezer. I sure wish J was here to experience this.

No comments: