Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Corn husking pics

Ok, I told you about the corn husking/peeling/shucking-whatever you call it- and the horses. If you start an ear they will pull it for you and finish the process. They stand by the fence and wait for any little tidbit to drop. They move into the path of flying objects and get things stuck on their heads. It's fun. Except for the bugs or worms. Those I could do without. I'll get to those pics in a minute. First I need to finish my thankful list that I couldn't finish earlier. I'm thankful for where we live. I think it's beautiful here. I'm thankful for sunsets. I'm thankful for animals and kids, family and friends. Yeah, I feel better. The pics were taken by R's bf. This is tonight's sunset.

Ok, down to business here. This is Bridget and Lady. Mother and daughter owned by mother and daughter.

See what I mean about the silks? She has some in her mouth too.

Yeah, I don't know why I put this pic on here. It's not very becoming. We were singing "I Am Waiting For the Light to Shine" from the play "Big River". I think it's funny that we both had our mouths open and were doing the same thing. BTW, A does not husk corn as she can't stand the bugs/worms. We got tired of her screaming and made her stop. She will pick it though.
Oreo came over to see what we were doing.

Love the opened mouth thing tonight.
This is like the best pic ever of Lady. Her one eye looks a little strange but otherwise she looks so good. Look how hazy it is. We had a storm come through earlier today that included hail.


This is R when she found a worm in the corn.

This is me when I found a worm.
The horses don't care if it had a worm in it.They just want to help you peel it so they can eat it.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

Cool pics. I wish I lived out in the country where I could have horses. I don't think I was really meant to be a "city girl".
Still PRAYING!!!!!!