Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cars, cars, cars

R's bf wrecked his car on the way here this morning. He hydroplaned and totaled his car. Thank God, he is okay. The EMT saw his car and told him that someone loves him and that he needed to thank God he walked away from that.

For a while he was driving an old, junker type car that A named Fred. We have no idea why she named it Fred but the name stuck. Then the girl's decided that we should name all of our cars. Our niece had told R that she had to name her car. Bf had two cars. One has been in our driveway for a few weeks now and I named it Kramer. It still doesn't run quite right. He named the car that he wrecked this morning Leviathan. I'm sorry to say that Leviathan did not make it.

T and I bought a cheap car this week. It's worth every dollar that we paid for it, but we didn't pay much for it. It is black, except where it has faded to dull gray, and it has a vibration. So, since it shakes, rattles and rolls I have decided to name it Elvis. I'm calling my van Flannery Vandango. I asked T what he would name his Jeep and he said he's going to call it The Little Engine That Could. Remember, it has 213K miles on it. We haven't talked about a name for the truck yet. It's a classic truck so it will have to have a classic name. R is considering naming her car Tonto.

So, are we the only weirdos out there or do other people name their cars? I know our niece does, but she might be guilty by association. If we are not the only ones of our kind, what do others of you name your cars? Leave us a comment.

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

When I was growing up, my mom's car was named "Nelly". I hadn't really thought about naming my car. I had not thought about "Nelly" for a long time. But it definitely was fun having a name for the car.

Amy said...

Thanks for commenting. I was beginning to think we were the only ones that named their cars.
Amy