Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday

I finished "The Shack" and recommend it. I borrowed it from my SIL and it had her dog ears and highlighter marks. I want T to read it next. I have found some joy the last couple weeks. We haven't gotten any official word on the status of our file but I am happy that they are working on it. I grieved the other night when we were in the pool because I was thinking that J should have been here last summer and here it is summer again and he's still not here. "The Shack" has helped me deal more positively with some of those feelings.

It's been hot here and we've spent a lot of time in the pool. More than one of us (not me, not yet anyway) are sporting sunburns in places that they didn't realize weren't covered with clothing or sunscreen. C'est la vie.

R has been working a lot these past few weeks. She is looking for a new laptop and an economical car on her limited budget. T is helping her find a computer and I've been hunting cars.

I'm sure I'll share more of my feelings about "The Shack" over the next few posts. I just wanted to let you know that we are still here and have not melted away in the heat.

No comments: