Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not a "wordless Wednesday" but still a lot of pics

I've seen some blogs that do a "wordless Wednesday" post. I am not feeling wordless at the moment.

I've learned some things in my life. Some things I learned a long time ago and some things the Lord is working on currently. Here is a list, in no particular order, of some of the things I've learned.

~ Time flies whether you are having fun or not. Make the most of it.
~ There are ALWAYS at least two sides to every story. Get all the stories and figure the truth is hidden somewhere in the middle.
~ Absolute truth is absolute truth. All other truth is clouded by our own perception of it.
~ You can not rely on what happens to you or doesn't happen to you to make you happy. Happiness is a choice. Joy is a command.
~ Life is one big adjustment. Get used to it. (a "pearl" from my mom)
~ You're not that special, everyone has their problems. (another "pearl" from my mom)
~ Don't make decisions based on emotions. They will lead you astray. Get Godly advice from the Word and from people you trust.
~ Forgiving someone doesn't mean you're letting them off the hook or not holding them responsible. It means making your own heart right.
~ There will be people who offend you. A lot of times the chances are that they didn't even realize or mean to offend you. If this happens, see above line about forgiveness.
~ Don't be a blind follower. If something doesn't seem right, question it in an appropriate, respectful way.

I don't know why all that was in my head but there must be some reason. Some of it is definitely because the Lord is working on me. Some is because I'm trying to instill these things in my children. Some may be because I'm reading the book "The Shack". Anyway...

Here are some pics. The animals get a lot of photo ops around here. I think this one of Lillybet is cute. My mom offered R $50 to find Lillybet a good home, one very far from here, when she discovered some of her geraniums missing. Who knew geraniums where a delicacy to a goat?

This one just makes me think, aahhhhh.

Yes, it's just the staircase. But it's to help you visualize the next pic.

This is Dexter sprawled on one of the steps.
He's just chillin'.

Apparently all that chillin' made him very tired.

He loves to get in T's lap. For some reason T has the "magic touch" with the animals. Dexter loves the way T rubs, pets, and scratches.

Oh yeah, he's enjoying that.

Okay, one more story. We took the truck for a drive yesterday evening. It has tags and insurance, even though we wouldn't need proof unless we were stopped (see previous post). We drove it over to my brother's house and it started missing about half way over there. I said I smelled something weird and T said he smelled something like electrical burning. Whatever I smelled was not electrical. We got to their workshop and jumped out (because it's either jump out or fall out) all smiles. My brother said, "That's a pretty cool ride." My nephew said, "I smell brakes." T mentioned that it had started missing on the way over so they popped the hood. My brother immediately noticed that one of the plug wires had melted on the manifold. Nephew checked out the wheels and dxed brakes were sticking. So, we now know that we need a new plug wire and a slightly different routing plan for the wires, a brake adjustment, and the steering is loose so that needs a small part. Not too bad for the maiden voyage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I happened onto your blog, loved the lines about forgiveness! Then when I clicked on the "About" page, I saw that you have fibromyalgia. So do I! It is a really rough road, isn't it?

My verse on forgiving:

Great Divide

Such anger between us,
yet in the strangest way
she stoked a hearth inside me,
made me what I am today.

The Mother I ran from,
ran far from me too.
Years went by.
Not a thing we could do.

No open hand extended.
Forgiveness never given.
But though I couldn’t see it,
she found ways to enliven.

And now I gaze
as you, Mom, lie sleeping
in a drug-induced dream,
with death on the doorstep.

So glad we talked.
Snuffed it dead.
Opened our arms,
and finally said,
love.

Best,
Linda Athis
forgivingmom.com