Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not much

Not much is going on here today. R and bf had a date last night. They called for directions a couple times and then still got lost because they were talking. Goofy kids.

A has had a friend over and is now going over to that friend's house.

The driving (remember, A got her learner's permit) continues to be a hair raising and hair graying experience for all involved. She drove us to church and then home again today. It was T's first time riding with her. T and R sat in the back seats and gave her all kinds of directions and cringed as the side of the road came to close for comfort and yelled as A decided to swerve around a turtle at the last second and over reacted and over corrected. At one point T yelled get on the road and I had to remind both T and R that I was sitting right there watching very closely. I could grab the wheel if needed. She knows if I say to stop, she better stop. She knows that "ease up" means to let up on the gas and "slow down" means use the brakes. I assured them that "I've got this." They don't seem to believe me. We are all still alive anyway. I think when the kids get their learner's permits you should automatically be given a large magnetic sign that says "Student Driver". We do get a lot of strange looks from people as they pass us in a huff.

The "weight of the wait" of the adoption is starting to get me down again. We've heard absolutely nothing and it's so very hard. Please pray for us. I just don't understand why this has to be so hard.

Maybe I should do a thankful list. Let's see. I'm thankful that we are still alive even though A is learning to drive. I'm thankful for some rain that we had. I'm thankful for a quiet day to just hang out.

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

I would like to pray with you right now.
Dear Lord, We love You and we are trying to serve You in the best way we know how. We are amazed at Your love and Your many gifts. Lord we are very confused and hurt that J is not home yet. Please move mountains this week in the adoption process and allow J to come home soon. Thank You Lord for the work we believe You will do. Amen.

Amy said...

Thanks for the beautiful prayer, "family by love"!!
Amy