Monday, June 2, 2008

The real story of the Spiderman shirt

Okay, I got the real story behind the Spiderman shirt. Remember that I mentioned that I had not given him that particular shirt, but another T-shirt a while back. I said how the kids share everything. Well, the mom who took the stuff down told me that she had told the kids at church that their parents had sent gifts and that she would be over to the boys house later to give them their things. Well, the boys apparently couldn't wait and they came over to the girls/babies house and she had to dig through all the suitcases to find the gifts. She found everyone's except J's. She could tell he was kind of bummed but he understood. So she gave him a Spiderman sweatshirt that was sent down with her for the O. When she found his stuff and brought it to him the next day, there he was in the sweatshirt, in 90 degree heat. So here is a pic of when he got the sweatshirt.

I've been reading the book "The Shack". My SIL recommended it to me and even let me borrow her copy, even with the dog ears and highlighter marks. I feel a lot of emotions and a long post coming on after I finish it. I don't know when it will be as I don't have that much time to read. So far it's very good and I recommend it.

Please pray for our adoption process. It feels so painfully slow. It's been almost 33 months since we started the process and no end in sight that we can see. It's been over a year now since we've had forward movement. I struggle. I personally know of at least 3 couples who have waited longer but it doesn't make me feel better. It just makes me feel bad for their wait. It should not be so difficult to adopt a child. Thanks.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

You commented about how knowing of others that have waited doesn't make you feel better. I just want you to know that I know where you are coming from. I have thought about that often. It hurts to see others continue to wait even when your own file is moving. I pray for you daily and I long for the day that you tell me your son is coming home.