Friday, June 20, 2008

Life

It's really quiet here right now. The girls are gone and T is at a meeting. I just finished baking 3 loaves of sourdough wheat bread so it smells really good. I'm a bit melancholy with this being another "no news Friday". I'm so sick of them I could scream. Sometimes it feels like this whole process is driving me crazy. I keep asking God to work it together for good, but I just don't see the good. Maybe I'll just do a thankful list and show you some pics. Let's see, T just got home and we can spend some time together. It looks like rain and we really need some. I got a bunch of scrubs donated for the nannies at our O. They are in great shape and there's a lot of them. I'm thankful for a job. I'm thankful that A has not crashed our cars, yet. My hair turns gray by the second when I ride with her but the cars are all still in one piece and so are we.

Okay, pics. A wrapped Dexter's head up in a scarf.

It looks like a turban and he looks real pleased, don't you think?

I recently had 4 teens in my kitchen baking for a bake sale.

Baking, baking, baking and having lots of fun.

Here are a few of the things they baked.

And I have no idea what that face was for but I thought it was funny.

3 comments:

Chapter Two said...

Amy,
You came to my mind while sitting in church yesterday. I just felt such a burden to pray for you. A young couple there is going onto year three in their Guatamala adoption and they've been had by a crooked lawyer there. I saw them and my heart sank as I remember the feeling that my kids (sitting there with me) might never come home. My thoughts went to you and I just prayed a while for you...for peace, for relief, for good news, for progress, for your boy's safety, for your lawyers efforts, for everything I could think of. He will come home, Amy. And I'm praying for God to redeem these long lost months apart when that day comes as He is doing for my family.
Your friend in Christ through the blogosphere,
mwen

Family by Love said...

I know I always say it, but I am praying for you and hoping to hear something soon. I am in disbelief at this added wait for you guys.

Amy said...

Thanks ladies!
Amy