Sunday, March 2, 2008

The world according to A

I got to talk to a little boy today. He's really not that little anymore but I still think of him as a little boy. I told him that I got his shoes and that they were Transformer shoes and who I was sending them down with. I tried to get him and the two girls near him to sing for me but there was a lot of giggling and a couple of starts but they never really got a song out. When we got down to one minute left I told him that I love him and to pray for a passport. He said his usual "yes" and then asked again who was bringing his shoes. I don't know why those shoes are so important to him but they are. Too funny.


I'm still struggling with having hope to bring our son home soon. It hurts so much to hope anymore. I struggle with the fine line between waiting on and trusting in God and not being passive. I have several devotional type books and switch around a lot. I wondered if Oswald Chambers "Utmost" had anything in it for Feb. 29th. It did. One of the things it said was, "When Jesus asks us what we want Him to do for us in regard to the incredible thing with which we are faced, remember that He does not work in commonsense ways, but in supernatural ways." And it ends with, "Our agony comes through the wilful stupidity of our own heart. We 'won't' believe, we 'won't' cut the shore line, we prefer to worry on." Oh Lord, help me believe, cut the line and give up the worry. Give me hope.


I posted some pics a while back that A had taken. I called them "The world according to A". She has an interesting perspective on life. And she's a pretty good beginning photographer too. Most of these were taken yesterday when A, R and BF went for a walk in the woods with the dogs and the goat who thinks she's a dog. She has figured out how to get out of her pen consistently now and prefers to live on the front porch with the dogs. Here is some more of the world according to A.


This is looking up a tree trunk (like I had to explain that).
Moss covered ground under some trees.

If you look close there's a cabin in the center of this pic.

She discovered the close-up option on her camera.

I love this. It's looking down into a stump.

Aww. R and BF.

Here's that close up option again. I like the bright color of the berries against the plain background.

This is from a week ago or so. She looked out on the front porch to see Lillybet had gotten into the porch swing. It looks like she's smiling. Actually, it looks more like a smirk.
I may have posted this one already but Oreo sits like this all the time. We think it's hysterical.

This is from yesterday again. I love this pic. It's too cute.

Oh yes, this is one goat who knows how to get what she wants.

Here's the close up again. A really likes this one.
This is so cool. Her creativity never ceases to amaze us.

And this is my favorite from yesterday's pics. My dad has a flagpole by the pool. He has a US flag, TN flag and a Haitian flag on it. I can't wait for J to see it. I really like this pic.
In the "praise Him anyway" theme I thought I'd do another thankful list. Let's see. I'm thankful for the snow we had this week and the 60's and sun today. I'm thankful for our little church and the people who make it up. I'm thankful for my job and the people/friends I work for. I'm thankful for T's job and that he enjoys it. I'm thankful for our kids. They are great kids.

Amy

1 comment:

Danielsen5 said...

Wow Amy, tell A those are really awesome pictures and that she shows some real promise. You must be bursting at the seams with pride over R and A and watching them start to follow their life path.

I am also still praying over the J situation and that soon you will see his life path unfold as well.

Blessings, Beth