Saturday, March 8, 2008

Good news, bad news (not adoption related)

Remember in my last post I said they were calling for snow? The good news is it snowed. The bad news is it was too fluffy to pack into a snowman in the morning and mostly melted in the afternoon. Oh well. We had some fun anyway. T took R to work and then got the tires mounted on the truck. Yay! A and I tried to make a snowman and quickly gave up. We called my SIL to see if we could come over there and sled. Mrs. H gave us two sleds that looked like they had never been used. Thanks! Anyway, we picked A's friend up on the way over and she had a blow-up tube for sledding. Here are some pics from this morning. Actually the first one is from the other day when a storm moved through. Oh, speaking of storms, there was lightning and thunder with the snow that came through last night. How bizarre is that?


Sky from the other day. Of course just before I took the pic the sun was out behind me and the stark difference was amazing. I still like this pic though.
Okay. This morning A told me to hang on to the animals so she could make a snow angel. Ha! Like I could hang on to two dogs and a goat. They thought she was getting down on their level to play with them.

We have a little hill behind the house and A tried to sled down it. As usual, the animals were right there too.

It's not much of a hill so she didn't get much speed.
I think she hit a rock and rolled out of the sled.

So we decided to go over to my brother's house and sled down their hill. This is the view from the top of their hill.

Their dogs were excited about the sledding too. This is A with Bella and Livvy.

This is my niece.

She said, "Look. The boys took all the good gloves and I had to take what was left." All she could find was two right gloves. Too funny.


We were sledding in what used to be the horse pasture. Lots of horse manure under the snow. It melted enough to pack and I started making a snowball and it was about 1/4 horse manure and the rest snow. I finally let it roll down the hill and it broke. There was mud under the snow too. The kids ended up pretty muddy, at least we hope it was mud. A's friend ended up popping her snow tube. This is her coat and her tube when they were done sledding. Oh I hope that's mud.


I think I was the saddest that we weren't able to make a snowman. One of these years maybe. At least we had fun sledding.

No comments: