Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday morning ramblings

I have a mountain of laundry to do today and the washer is making a funny noise. Sigh...please just work a little longer. I haven't told T yet. I keep forgetting. It's been doing this for about a week.

I'm having some bad fibro days. I keep having what I've come to call "fibro flu" as it feels like I'm coming down with the flu. Then I sleep and I'm okay in the morning. I even ran a low grade fever last night which is not uncommon with fibromyalgia. This morning, so far so good. I wonder what this afternoon will hold.

R needed a car today so we all switched up. T has our van, R has the Jeep and I drove my mom's van. I thought I'd be nice and take it through the car wash for her. I even remembered to take her "Support our troops" magnetic thingy off the back. I lost one of those once when I took T's car through the car wash. Now I'm not allowed to have anything stuck to my car. Anyway, it had obviously been on there a while and I managed to break the top of it off. Oops. And the car wash didn't wash the back of the van at all. I was telling mom about it and she said it never washes it well. Go figure. We have the same van and it washes ours okay. Bizarre. So my good deed turned into a half done deed and a broken "Support our troops" sign. Oh well.

The girls went on their "tour" with their play this weekend. They got home last night and had thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They liked the people they travelled with, they did okay at the hotel and they enjoyed performing the plays. They both truly love the theater.

I mentioned that T got the tires on the truck. He drove it in the field Sunday and got it stuck because it wouldn't go into 4 wheel drive. Sigh...something else to fix on it.

Still no word on the adoption front. The other mom who is visiting her child should be arriving at the O today with J's shoes. I sure hope he likes them. And I hope they fit. I never dreamed it would take so long to finish this adoption. I gave birth to two kids in the time that we've been working on this adoption. 2 1/2 years is too long. Please pray for forward movement of our file. We need a passport, final DHS approval and a visa. It's been 9 1/2 months since we've moved forward.

No comments: