Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Updating

Wow, it's been a whole week since I posted. I had no idea. Let's see, I'll do an oldest to youngest update.

T went to his first deacon's meeting, or "dickens meeting" as J calls it, last night. First one for this time around anyway. He had rotated off for a couple of years. He's been busy at work but still enjoys it for the most part. And he's doing the play Camelot with me. We've spent a lot of time rehearsing and learning songs and even a dance for that. And we get to chase each other onstage at one point. I'm working on his "Mack the Knight" costume. Please pray for willpower for T to eat right and get fit.

I am busy with the play, work, praise team, keeping house and getting costumes made for T and I. I have a mild sore throat and I sound kind of croaky this morning. I'm trying not to talk much to save my voice for tomorrow night's practice. Please pray for me for physical strength and healing.

A is quite busy with work and school plus she likes to work out as often as she can. She only sees P on the weekends as he works all day and then goes to school in the evenings 5 days a week. She had her tonsilectomy post-op visit yesterday and all is well. She had about 8 miserable days and then recovered quickly. She's into a no/low carb diet for this week and brought a bunch of food home and labeled it with her name. Poor J is never sure what he can eat because he doesn't want to eat her food and make her mad. I think it's funny. I played wii dance with her last night and beat her. I was thrilled. She is a much better dancer than I could ever hope to be so it's quite funny that I won. Weird, but funny. Please pray for A to do well in school and to seek God's plan for her.

J is doing well with school and with his attitude. He's been complaining of stomach aches a lot and I haven't figured out what that's about and he has a cold. But this is only his 2nd or 3rd one since this school year started. Huge improvement over the last two school years when he had a cold every month or so. He still wants someone to sit right by him and "help" with his schoolwork. He can do it himself but he still needs lots of directing. He's reading so much better all of a sudden and that helps a lot. He's been going to the play practices with us and behaving well. He wants to help build the set when it's time too. Pray for his continued good attitude and adjustment and that he will have the desire to learn and retain information. And for his stomach aches.

The animals are all fine. Misty still likes to make Diesel's life miserable. The horses are still fat and so are the dogs. The dogs are getting better though now that I've made it clear to the kids how much food they should be giving them. And the bag lasts a lot longer too. The horses will look their best in March.

I got word of the death of an old friend yesterday. So sad. It was an apparent overdose but I don't know anything besides that. satan is a liar and a jerk. Don't believe his lies!

And something lighter to end up on. J's skin is dry and he has eczema but he hates to put lotion on. I used to do it but he's 14 for crying out loud, he can put his own lotion on. But he won't unless he's wearing shorts. I always tell him to put lotion on and his usual answer to everything is "why?" and then I tell him, "Because you're a little dried up chip." Yesterday I told him that I put lotion on every day and he asked, "Why?" So I said, "Because if I didn't I'd be a little dried up chip. Or a big fat dried up chip." He said, "You're not fat." And I answered, "Well I'm not skinny." Without missing a beat he said, "You are medium." So there you have it folks, I'm not fat, I'm medium.

No comments: