Friday, December 2, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Wow. What a difference a couple days make. T was in Nashville this week and J wanted to get the Christmas stuff out while he was gone. I agreed. He and I did some decorating and when we all got home yesterday afternoon we went out and cut a tree. You know how they look smaller when they're out in the middle of a pasture in the wide open space? Yeah, we had that come in to play with this tree. We got a new stand this year but it just isn't holding well. And now we have a big fat tree that has become the Leaning Tower of Treeza. And I need a bigger tree skirt.

While J and I were decorating, A was taking the seats out of her car.

Why? So she could clean under them, of course. And taking the seats out is easier than vacuuming underneath them?!? She is her father's child.

And J had a lightbulb moment. Or a double lightbulb moment in this case.

My Christmas cactus even got in on the decorating. It's blooming about a month before Christmas but it hasn't bloomed in a couple of years so we'll take what we can get.

And now I have to figure out what to do with the tree.

No comments: