Sunday, December 19, 2010

Too bizarre not to share

Okay. So, T called hhgr*gg today and someone was supposed to call him back but they never did. In the mean time we had heard about a scratch and dent place that we'd like to at least look at. I wanted to look at it on Sat. but we didn't have time. We could buy one and put it on the truck and bring it home. So I called hhgr*gg and asked to speak to the manager and told him we wanted our money back. He hee-hawed around and finally said how about they deliver one to our home tomorrow. I said that would be fine. We called my parents and told them we didn't need the truck now but the way things were going we might end up needing it again.

About 10 minutes later hhgr*gg called and said they couldn't deliver until Tuesday and I said that the manager said Monday and if it's not until Tuesday then I want my money back. He put me on hold for a couple minutes then came back on and asked how I paid. The story with that was I forgot the card Sat. morning and had to write a check. I anticipated that this would be a problem and it was. They said they had to wait until blah, blah, blah...But I said nope, I want my money back. All they had to do was get a fridge from a warehouse location about 25 miles away and to the store. That didn't happen and I wanted my money back. He put me on hold again.

I was on hold so long that it rang back to the operator. I explained to her what was going on and told her I didn't care if I talked to the manager or the guy who just called me. The guy got back on the line and asked if he could credit a card for us, and I agreed so we have our money back. Supposedly. Over the phone from the people who couldn't take a phone order. Supposedly. But we still don't have a fridge. Other than the one the Lord provided for us in the great outdoors. Or in our case, in the expedition. I called my mom yet again and asked to use the truck. Hahahaha.

Stay tuned for the next installment in this bizarre story, The Refrigerator-A Never Ending Tale. The sad but true saga of a family with a refrigerator that died a premature death and their unending obstacles to overcome strife. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: