Monday, August 9, 2010

Short recap

Okay, the "new to us" transmission is in. T never ceases to amaze me. So far, he passed the transmissions 101, sink or swim and learn as you go class. The other transmission is bouncing around in the back of the car and stinking it up.

I took A, J and A's friend E to a state park yesterday afternoon. They did some "cliff jumping". At first J was all about it and I kept yelling "no" to him because he was on the other side of the river that I was and I could just see him jumping off and drowning. A went off the big one first and then E. A is a go getter.

Then we hiked back to another spot where there were smaller cliffs and they jumped off those. J loved it. He later told me he had gone 5 times. It was actually more like a dozen times. He just about drowned his sister on the biggest jump he made. He's still not a strong swimmer and she was there to help him but in his eagerness to get to the side he didn't think twice about pushing A under accidently. They did fine though. There was a little bitty guy, maybe 3 years old, who went off the largest of the smaller jumps. J didn't even go off that one. He would just take a running leap and he had a life jacket on so he bounced right back up out of the water. Too cute.

I dropped J off for his first day of school this morning. He went right to the class and sat down. Depending on the number of kids they have he will be switching around between 3-5 teachers. He's nervous about that. I think he'll like it after he gets used to it. I've been talking to him about not throwing fits at school and pointing out that he's almost 13 and in 6th grade and it's time to stop throwing fits. He doesn't have them much at home any more. They certainly have not gotten him what he wants. You'd think he'd figure that out. Sigh...

I will post pix as soon as I have time to. We have a super hero party to prepare for this week.

No comments: