Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Adoption moment

J asked one of those questions today. He was getting something out of the fridge and said, "So, why did you adopt me?" He asked it like he was asking me how was your day. I scrambled for some words and prayed a little prayer and said, "We wanted a boy in our family and God led us to you and we adopted you." He asked something else, maybe about why just him or how did we know he was the one, but whatever he asked I know that I said, "Mrs. C sent us some pictures of three boys and we knew you were the one. We chose you." When I said "we chose you" a look of awe and peace and a huge smile spread over his face. Just to know that he was chosen. This adoption stuff certainly puts a new perspective on life. And just think, God chose us to be His children.

We also had a lost in translation moment this evening. J told me that he choked a little on his drink because he took a big "gullet". Gullet=gulp. Mmhmm.

No comments: