Friday, December 18, 2009

Two "J'isms"

Because I'm at a point in my life where I have to write things down while I'm thinking of them or I forget, I have a couple of "J'isms" that I need to write down quick.

You know the "see you later alligator, after while crocodile" thing? J hasn't been able to get all of that yet and usually says, "See you later, crocodile."

At halloween time he learned, trick or treat-smell my feet-give me something good to eat. Not because we went trick or treating but because he heard it at school, I'm sure. Now that it's the Christmas season he has heard, jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg. Yes, he heard that one from his mother. But his rendition is, "Jingle bells, smell my feet. Give me something good to eat." That is his own creation.

Not to be outdone, his 16yo sister just followed us home with her bright lights on most of the time-shining in her daddy's eyes. When told not to have the brights on when following someone she said, "But the low brights are not bright enough and I can't see." Low brights. Isn't that an oxymoron?

No comments: