Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas

Hi everyone. I want to take a moment of calm in the chaos of life to wish you all a Merry Christmas. We are incredibly busy with Christmas and wedding plans and festivities. I don't expect to be blogging much until we reach the other side (of the wedding). I have divided my life into two categories, things which need to be done before the wedding and things which can wait.

We went to church yesterday at my brother's church with all 13 of us. Us five, JT, my parents, my brother's four and nephew's fiance. It was a nice time. And then we had our family Christmas that evening. J's favorite gift so far is a nerf gun with velcro "ammo" that sticks to a vest that you wear. It seems to be a favorite among all the boys, young and old. Between what we saved on gifts and what we all managed to chip in we had nearly a thousand dollars to give away. We enjoyed doing that and are already looking towards next year.

While I was getting ready for church yesterday morning the only voice I could hear was coming from J. No real surprise there but when I got out to the kitchen he bounced up to me and said, "I am drinking coffee!!" Oh yeah, like he needs coffee. With sugar. We had been working on the wedding favor boxes the night before and there was a bowl with some pretty white candy in it on the table. He asked what it was and I told him it was candy. He hovered over it until I asked him if he wanted one. He popped one in his mouth and then asked if it would turn his brain to mush. What?!? We told him no but he held his head and moaned and then spit the candy out. Now, about a month ago or so, I told him in passing that if he watched too much tv his brain would turn to mush. He continued to hold his head and started crying and saying that his brain was turned to mush. The only thing we can figure is that he got a coffee/sugar rush headache about the time he popped the candy into his mouth. He was quite serious about it but we all just cracked up. I think we eventually convinced him that his brain was not mush. Too funny.

I think we have all the Christmas and wedding shopping done. I think. I know there are a few more things to get but we may have to do without because I've about had it with the whole shopping thing. Blech!

I also think my shoulder may be slightly better. I think. The other side of my neck is sore from the sling but it may be helping the shoulder. I'll let you know on the other side.

J's basketball team won another game Saturday. They are 5 and 0 for the season.

J got a game and a can of gloopy black stuff for Christmas from a boy in his class. He was quite thrilled with it all the rest of the day on Friday. I don't think he has touched it since then. Come to think of it, I should probably question him as to it's whereabouts. I'd hate to find it ground into some carpet in some part of the house. He tried to get everyone to touch it. He also slimed it over his hand and I took a pic. Lovely, isn't it?

Ah yes. The finished product. I think someone asked for a pic. I don't even know for sure but here it is anyway. The ones with the green lining are for the groomsmen and the other ones are for J and the ushers.

R's books have been selling well to friends and family around here. We'll have to order more soon. If you'd like to order one you can email her at thebrunetteblond@yahoo.com

J has been asking every day when we are going to make cut out cookies. I guess I better get off the computer and go stir up some cookie dough with my one handed self. Merry Christmas. See you on the other side.

No comments: