Friday, December 18, 2009

Firsts, lasts and other news

JT is here! Lord willing and the creek don't rise there will be a wedding next weekend. He looks good. He has filled out quite a bit and it looks good on him. They are getting the marriage license today. Neither one of them has slept much in the last 36 hours. I haven't seen his leg but he seems to be moving just fine. Thanks for the prayers for healing.

J had his first school Christmas party this morning. He has been in really good moods most of the time but last night he was begging me to "make one more baby". He really wants a little sister. Then he asked about a friend of his from the O and if we could adopt him and he could be his brother. I told him it took 4 years to get him here and they'd be grown by the time his friend got here. Then the tears came. I just loved on him and validated his feelings.

I have made my last vest. If they don't fit, too bad. I have also packed my last school lunch for '09 and have gotten J up for school for the last time of '09. Woo hoo!

I went to the chiro this morning. My shoulder has been sore for about 6 weeks. Cutting down the Christmas tree and sewing all the vests has not helped at all. He said it's probably a separated shoulder, only it's the type one where it hasn't actually separated, it's just pulled. He recommended a sling, resting it, and bio freeze. I'm having a heck of a time undressing myself. T is more than happy to help.

J continues to crack us up all. the. time. We went out to eat the other night and he excused himself to run around the corner and then peek out. We asked him what he was doing and he announced, "I'm farting." Just today he was doing the I've got to pee dance and saying ow, ow. I asked him what was wrong and he said he had to use the bafroom. I told him to go and he ran off to use it and we heard him saying, "Ahh, dat feel better." He takes the English language very literally which is always good for a laugh. Oh, his class went to the Christmas Carol 3D. We've taken him to the drive in but it was his first time in a theater. Plus it was 3D. Apparently his popcorn went everywhere at the first thing that looked like it was coming at him. To see him re-enact it is quite funny.

His RA teacher at church gave each of the boys a walmart gift card. It was burning a hole in his pocket and we had to get shoes, pants and shirt for the wedding so he took the card with him and after we got the clothes picked out T and J started off towards the toy section hand in hand. Awww, melt my heart. I caught up with them and J was having a hard time deciding what he wanted. There are so many choices and he just isn't used to making so many. He finally decided on gum, a book, and a toy. He did a good job and came in just under $10 with 17 cents to spare. He told me I could have what was left on the card.

I was telling my sister in law the other day how J kept saying time moves faster in America. He truly thought that our clocks move faster here. He said he would get home from school and boom, it was time to eat. Then he'd do homework and watch a little tv and boom, it was time for bed. I tried to assure him that the clocks move the same here as they do in Haiti. He was not convinced. SIL thought that was really something that a young child recognizes the much faster pace of life here. She said, the child speaks truth.

Well, we're off to a little "coming home" party for JT. If you haven't watched the Livesays Christmas video, take a look. And don't forget that you can order one of R's books too. Just email thebrunetteblond@yahoo.com

No comments: