Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh, my aching back, legs, arms, hands...

Yesterday I transplanted about half of my vincas from beside my house to the front yard where no grass will grow. R's bf transplanted some to that area last year and they really seem to like it there and they fill in really well. I have fibromyalgia so any kind of repetitive motion kills me. Everything hurts. R was massaging my hand during Sunday school so I could play the keyboard during church.

Our plan today was to go to our last home Bible study meeting (last one for this book) which also turned into a picnic lunch and then come home and sit. Men make plans and God laughs. Apparently my brother had been trying to get a hold of us because a tree fell and hit the corner of his house. Thankfully it was just the corner of the roof over an attic space in the bonus room. It did mash a chair, several flowers and bushes, and their canopy. He said he heard it go crack...crack...crack and then a huge crash and he watched it fall on the house. Zoiks! We're not sure what made it go but they knew it was dying and not in the best shape. He had decided to wait to have it taken down until after his daughter's grad party next week. See? Men make plans and God laughs. So we went over to help clean up. The kids and I came home but T is still over there.

Speaking of T, he got the metal attached to the front of the camper. He still needs to do the sides but it's looking pretty good. I'll post a pic when it's done. And when our crazy computer is fixed.

We still haven't gotten confirmation about the adoption file. Since it has neither been confirmed nor denied, you might as well know what's supposedly happening with it. It's believed to have finally gone to passport printing. Now you know how to pray more specifically. There are still a hundred things that could go wrong so please keep praying. Thanks.

Oh, T just got home. Good.

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

I'm praying it's true and that you will be able to get him home in time to enjoy this summer with him.

Lord, you know the desires of our hearts. You know that we wish J had gotten home years ago. But You have chosen to allow this wait that makes no sense to our human minds. Please allow J to join his family in the next month so they can enjoy the summer together. Amen.

Family by Love said...

Just wanted to leave you a quick note to tell you that I am thinking about you guys and praying for you this morning.