Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day, 44 months, and camping

Despite the fact that we are now 44 months into this crazy adoption process and he still isn't home and the fact that this is my 4th Mother's Day without him, I actually had a nice day yesterday. We had a nice church service and then came home and relaxed for a while. Then we went out to eat with my family and then to my brother's house. We had dessert and A made an awesome chocolate cheesecake and my SIL got a wonderful raspberry cake with cream cheese frosting. The girls got me a massage and a cute book about cats. My present for my mom didn't arrive yet. Sigh...but A made up this cute story about it, telling how we looked for the perfect gift in the Land of Google and mustered up enough strength to click "order" when we found it. She's a hoot. We played video games after walking outside for a while. Even my parents got into the Wii. We bowled, boxed, played tennis and drove mariokart. How fun was that?! Oh, some of us played the real thing of ping pong and phoosball too.

T and I have been looking for a camper for a long time. We finally found one and here it is.

We drove to MO to pick it up. I had never been to St. Louis so I went crazy with the camera but most of the shots were blurry. T finally told me to touch the camera to the window and that helped some. I was snapping away and he was asking which way to go. We made it. Here is "the arch".


Oh, and after several days of rain, we actually drove into a beautiful sunset.
It was a long, hard drive. Two days straight of driving but we enjoyed the time together and are happy to have a camper at last. Now all we need is the kid here so he can go camping with us. Keep praying.

No comments: