Monday, January 26, 2009

Quick update

Hey, quick post here. We're doing fine and having a nice time together. It has rained a lot and the roads are awful but we went out to eat with a team yesterday and J was able to go swimming. We played a little baseball this morning.

They have added a step on to the MOI step. Since we are one of the first to have to do this step they have no idea how long it will take. Therefore I am scheduled to fly home next Monday without J. I have to say good-bye to him again. The last time we said good bye to him we were sure that it wasn't for long. Ha! That was 19 months ago. I'm not looking forward to saying good-bye but I am looking forward to getting back to my family and life. I have some ideas of what we need to do/buy before he comes home and I've enjoyed my time with him. I've also met some neat people and have hopefully been helpful for preparing for teams. So, I'm ready to come home. That's the change, subject to plan.

2 comments:

Chapter Two said...

Another step in MOI!? Oy! I will be praying for miracles that make you change your plans. I'll also pray that you and J will get through the goodbye again should God will it. Oh, Amy...you are strong and brave and your faith through this unfathomable trial encourages me.
Love!
K

Family by Love said...

Amy,
I am in disbelief once again at the trials that you have had to face. I will also be praying for a miracle that would allow your plans to change and J to come home sooner than later. I am praying for peace for you and your family as you are separated. I can't imagine the sacrifices that you have made and I pray that your faith remains strong. If you do have to come home alone, I pray that J will be comforted and understand that it is not by your choice and that you would be able to return for him very soon. Love, Ruth