Sunday, January 11, 2009

So far

Well, so far the kids are playing pretty well together. J had an upset stomach this morning that resulted in me having to clean out the sink in the bathroom. I'm just glad he made it to the sink and it was contained. He seems better now, thankfully. I hope we have no relapses. Here is a pic with the water gun we sent him for Christmas.

I love this pic. The two of them together in recliners. Too funny.

J and A painted shirts.
This is J's.

G'ma bought a bounce house from someone who was moving back to the states. J and A love it.

R's bf sent a Spiderman down for J. It used to be his but he thought J would like it. Yeah, he slept with it the first night.

Here is my dad's team. A is a part of every team.

They were ready for church after we got over the barfing issue.
Well, that's it in a nutshell. We are adjusting to each other and doing all right. We had a few little meltdowns and he does love to contradict but we're working on that. This is so different than parenting a bio daughter. I'm glad to be here though I miss T and the girls a lot. Keep praying for us and that the adoption process would get finished and we could come home. Thanks!

3 comments:

Danielsen5 said...

I just wanted to tell you how happy everyone here is for you. K and I ran into T at the Mexican joint and got the news first hand. But when I read your last blog, I cried and cried every time I shared it with either my kids or even S!. We are all praying for you, J and the whole team.

Blessings, Beth

Chapter Two said...

Oh Amy,
I'm so glad you are able to be reunited with your son! I'm praying extra more that you'll get to leave with him when it's time for you to go. It does seem being in Haiti helps things move.
Your adjustment to each other is finally beginning. Finally. May God grant you peace as you learn all about your son and as he learns to trust you.
Much love,
K

Family by Love said...

I'm praying for you and J to have a smooth transition to being a family and that you will soon be able to return home together and join the rest of your family.