Thursday, January 15, 2009

Haiti

A beautiful country filled with flowers,


and scary spiders (this one was dead when I found it).
My dad's team left on Tuesday. J and I spend one more night in the dorm and then "moved into" G'ma and G'pa's house yesterday. We also got the dorm ready for the next group of people. J jumped right in without being asked to and started helping. We had a really sweet cuddle/bonding time this morning when he climbed into my bed (thankfully he hadn't wet his). I was singing a song that we were singing together yesterday and blowing "zerberts" or "raspberries" on his neck/back/cheek/tummy. He's been real good about doing his school work and I think he is thriving on the one on one. He has his moments of course but it's going pretty good over all. Oh, I'm thrilled with his imagination. It's great.

This is a pic of my dad's team as they were arriving at the airport to go home.
This is them taking off. I was kind of sad, but I'm still glad to be here with J since he can't be at home with us.

Airport days are long and Abbie is great at entertaining herself. Plus, all the airport staff are her friends so she pretty much gets what she wants. Not that she's spoiled or anything. Both kids were in one of the passport stamping booths (no one was coming in) and they were playing "buy your ticket". I got a couple of kleenex tickets. See, their imaginations are very active. Here they were playing with a little turtle on wheels that they were sending back and forth to each other.


The last few days of our stay in the dorm we smelled a dead rat in the laundry room. We couldn't find it and figured it was in the ceiling. This guy found it the day after the guys left. Here he is, ready to take down the rat.
Yup, up in the corner above the water heater.
Lovely, isn't it?
Well, those are a few of my thoughts/pics about Haiti. I have so much in my head but no time right now to put it down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is T, A's man on the home front. Just wnated you all to know that R and A have steped up to the plate and Dad is not going hungery. R has made some realy good meals, suprise suprise. Some times i was wondering if she knew how to make anything but turky sandwiches. Imagen how happy i was to find out that she can cook. :-) She and A have become the little home makers. It is a blessing to see that A's influence in the kitchen has rubbed off. Keep us all in your prayers as A is in Haiti trying to bring our boy home.

I Love you babe and want ot whole world to know.

Family by Love said...

I am praying for you guys. I am always glad to see updates. T's comment on here made me cry. I am so pleased to see the love that permeates your family.