Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend update

I only have a second to write a note. The power went off and this is running on the inverter. I'll update tomorrow and explain the pics when the power is on.

Ok, Monday morning. MFI put a retreat on for the missionaries that they serve in Haiti. It was very good. I'm not a missionary here but I still enjoyed it. The pastor that came has a small church in Man O War Cay, Bahamas and he was excellent. He was animated, used good life lessons and had good life application ideas. There was also a quartet of young college age kids that was very good. Their harmonies were excellent even when singing acapella. Super nice young men. I didn't realize when I came down that I was going to get a retreat weekend too.

J did well through the services. He colored and made some friends with some other kids there and was even invited for a play date if we can work it out.

He has been super snuggly in the mornings, usually climbing into bed with me. Thankfully, he has not been wetting the bed. He'll snuggle up as close as he can get and soaks it up. He wants me to pick him up and hold him but he's just too big for that. I'm sure he missed all that over the years.

The meltdowns and "tuning outs" are becoming less and lasting much shorter. He definitely struggles when things don't go just the way he thinks they should.

Today we are washing sheets and towels and making beds for the next team. They arrive tomorrow.

News from home is that it has been very cold there. I am still enjoying the weather here. It's been around 70 at night and about 80-85 during the day. It's hot in the sun but it's very shady here so very nice. A got a main part in another play. She is excited about that. R started back to school and I haven't gotten an email from her (hint, hint) but I think she is enjoying the classes.

Here are a few pics. This is the quartet. They were from a college in FL.
This is the team loaded up to head to the airport. They had a rough ride and we followed and laughed. The guy with the water bottle lost the lid and tried to keep it from spilling for a while and finally gave up.

This is a hillside of homes in Cap Haitian. I don't know how the houses stay in place and I don't know how the people get to them.

This is one of the dogs at G'ma and G'pa's house. She always her tongue sticking out. I know it's not the best pic but she's a little shy.

Here is A. J dressed her up like a princess with flowers in her hair and on her royal robe (a towel).

And this pic is for R's bf. J slept with the Spiderman a couple of nights and he also set him up in the buggy one night. Too funny.

No comments: