Friday, January 9, 2009

Hello from Haiti!

Surprise! We made the decision for me to go down with my dad's team and stay at T's parent's house for a while. I'd like to stay until the adoption is final but I don't know if that will be possible. I was supposed to leave on Monday and as of Thursday last week we still didn't know if the papers that I needed to travel with him were going to be available. Good news. Our file is finally back in MOI, where we were 19 months ago, in May of '07. And that made the papers available, so here I am. Zoiks! I already miss T and the girls and the rest of my family and friends terribly. I miss home. But I'm so glad to be here and be with my family and friends here. J and the little girl that lives with G'ma and G'pa are having a blast already. They are playing so well together. I've noticed that J has matured some and seems more secure. When I ask him to use words and demonstrate that he does it. Before he did a lot of pointing and grunting and facial expressions to tell us what he wanted. Words are very nice. I hope that continues. He is liking having all the guys on the team cater to him. Bampa is loving it. He teared up meeting J for the first time. Here are the two grandpa's with J.

This is on the plane from Port to Cap. This is my "wind tunnel" look. I was standing under the wing of MFI's plane when a small jet type plane started up. Yes, it was a wind tunnel.


Okay, this is the van we took from TN to FL. We were packed to the gills.


This is a dam in the Artibonite valley. Thankfully it's still intact after the floods.
This is some of the erosion that is so prevalent in Haiti.

Ah, the Citadel. An awesome work that's 200 years old. It was built by King Henri Cristoffe to guard against an invasion by Napoleon. I flew right by it yesterday.
I can't possibly process everything in my mind right now. Please pray that our file moves quickly and that we can get a passport, DHS final approval and a visa. Visa's are kind of a challenge right now and we need prayers. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See if you can get a pic of J with a real smile. It looks alittle fake now :). A spiderman belt is forthcoming, but i am looking for a nice one for church. Hard to find boys belts. Look in boxes for kids gifts. How is Oleans baby? I miss you already, but know that what you are doing is important. Love Mama Noel

Family by Love said...

It is so good to see you with J. We are praying for a speedy trip through MOI and that things would work out for you to be able to bringhim home with you soon.