Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering and more Haiti flooding news

For a couple of first hand stories check out Lori's blog at http://www.xanga.com/haitinurse4life and the Livesays at http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com I hope those are links to them.

Did you think about 9-11 today? Do you remember what you were doing when you found out? I do. I wasn't in a very good place but I remember it well. I remember driving through Atlanta and there was very little traffic and listening to the news on the radio. I was with my MIL and SIL and nephews. T was at a tech conference and he said everyone was just standing around watching the news. The girls remember being at school and them turning the TVs on so the kids could see some of what was happening.

The girls and I went shopping this evening. It's almost always fun to go shopping with them. We have a consignment shop that we really like and we all get big piles of clothes and take them into a large fitting room and try them on. If one daughter doesn't like something or it doesn't fit, sometimes the other will try it on. We laugh and joke and help each other pick things out and hang things back up.

Flannery Vandango is acting weird. Sometimes she stutters and carries on like she's dying and other times she runs great. Go figure. We've been trying to dx her problem for a couple of weeks. We've tried lots of little things. I guess we'll try a few more.

Maybe I should do a thankful list. I'm thankful for my hubby and kids. I'm thankful for our pets that make us laugh. I'm thankful for the pastor search team meeting last night. I'm thankful that we're all relatively healthy.

No comments: