Sunday, August 24, 2008

No real news

I don't have any real news (adoption stuff) to share so you'll have to settle for this stuff. Let's see. My baby turned 18 this week and next week she starts college. Wait, college?!? When did that happen? If you have little ones, enjoy every moment because they grow up fast. We all went out to eat and then shopping. R got a camera with her birthday money. I love you and I'm proud of you R. You go, girl!

My brother, nephew and a friend drove in a 4-wheel drive competition this week. Nephew was the 4th one to drive and he was in first place for a long time. They kept getting hung up in the same spot. My niece wondered aloud if her dad would let P keep the lead. I looked at her and said, "Your dad? No way." and she agreed that he probably wouldn't. My brother was the 13th one to drive and he took the lead. The friend got hung up in that same spot that a lot of people had trouble. He had to be towed off. Someone else came along and got ahead of P, so they placed first and third. Then my brother, competitive thing that he is, convinced his son to drive with him in the next class for those with the really huge tires. They should have quit while they were ahead. P bent the tie rod on his vehicle and had to be towed off and my brother did okay until he flipped his vehicle and it started on fire. Thankfully us ladies were not around to see that but T said once he knew my brother was okay it was really cool to see. My dad, being the technological dweeb he is, taped over the fire. We got to see the flip but not the fire. Can you say redneck?

The girls have been working backstage at the current play at the local theater. If they aren't in them, they are working backstage. They love theater. Anyway, T and I worked last night too. It was a good play.

Today we had an appreciation dinner for our interim pastor. We are close to calling a new pastor but our interim had some other commitments so we had to say good-bye for now. He was great and we'll miss him.

So, we've had a pretty busy week. Oh, it's actually raining here for the first time since sometime in July. Yes, July was our last rain. It's not coming very hard but it sounds wonderful.

No comments: