Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life

No new adoption news. The last we heard the lawyer had gotten the rest of the needed papers and was having them legalized. Only God knows how long that might take. Keep praying.

My best friend called last night. She said, "Guess where I've been?" I guessed the right town but couldn't guess where. She finally told me she'd been in the ER. She broke her wrist...while pumping gas. How do you do that? you might ask. You have to understand that this is the person who has had her hair started on fire 3 times. She's accidently killed a bird with her car antenna. She has gotten herself stuck in a dress in a fitting room in a store and had to be cut out of it. Weird things happen to her, okay? Anyway, she was in the hot sun and went to the back of her car to get out of it but she's fairly tall so she propped her foot up on the bumper to rest her elbow on it and get her head out of the sun. When she stood back up either her shoe or her pant leg got caught on the hitch and she fell backward. She said one second she was standing there and the next she was sitting on the ground trying to figure out what happened. The little girl in the station came out and asked her if she was okay. She said, "No. I'm pretty sure I just broke my wrist." This was spoken from her sitting position on the ground, squinting up at the girl. The good; the girl helped her up. The bad; said girl made her pay for the ice to put on her wrist. Friend was supposed to be meeting her hubby for dinner but they met for a nice evening in the ER instead.

Have you been watching the Olympics? I've watched some of it. The opening ceremony was pretty cool. I like to watch the gymnastics the best.

The dreaded dentist appointment is tomorrow. I'm praying that it's nothing major and will not take a major chunk of change to fix it. I'll keep you posted.

Ok. Now for some pics of life at our house. This is a nice still life A took of some produce from the garden.

Yeah, the cats get a lot of pics on the blog. They're just so darn cute, though. Here is Dexter hanging out on the steps. I hope J likes the steps half as much as the cats do.

This is Sanome with the glowing green eyes. Weird huh? The weirdest part is her eyes are actually yellow.
Oh, us three girls got our hair cut last week. I just got a trim. R got some deeper layers and a trim and A got sweeping bangs.

Apparently Misty did something bad and put herself in jail.

Yeah, I don't know about this one either. T got some seat covers for his truck for his birthday. This is one of the headrest thingys. He doesn't have headrests. Why is it on his head? We're not sure but we decided to call it his Spiderman 3 impersonation.

The cats love it when I put the ironing board up. They love to sleep on it. Aww, isn't she cute?

They like to groom each other on it.

And this one doesn't show up well but I was trying to capture the claw marks in it. You see, Misty was on it but got too close to the edge. I heard some noise and turned in time to see her back end swinging off the side of the ironing board. Her eyes and tail were huge and she was hanging on for dear life. She tried to swing her back legs up and regain the board but apparently there was too much junk in her trunk and she couldn't do it. Then she let herself slip some and her little back toes were stretched out as far as they could go, trying to find the floor. She finally let herself drop and she was only a couple inches off the floor. She hasn't been back on it since. I'm sure she'll try it out again the next time I get it out.

That's it for now.

No comments: