Saturday, August 9, 2008

35 months and counting

We are officially 35 months into the adoption process. Will it ever end?!?! We began paperchasing in Sept. '05. J was 7, about to turn 8. He will be 11 the end of Sept. None of it makes any sense. It's so hard. Do you know how many people I've heard of them bringing their kids home in much less time than we have? There are a few who've waited as long or longer but that only makes me sad for them too.

This is such a difficult journey. I try to stay positive but it isn't always easy and certainly not possible on my own strength. My arms literally ache sometimes wanting to hug our son. I even dream about him coming home sometimes. Another school year is starting without him here.

The lawyer got the birth cert. finally and the other paper but it still needs to be legalized in order to get back to where we were in May '07. We just keep waiting with no real end in sight. Please pray for us.

In other news, we convinced R to let Lillybet go live with the neighbors about 6 weeks ago. We are all happy except for R, though I think she secretly likes not having to feed, water, and tie the goat out every day. Lillybet is no longer suffering from an identity crisis. She no longer thinks she is a human, a dog or a horse. She is very happy in her new life as a goat

I better do a thankful list. I'm thankful for no further problems with Flannery Vandango. I'm thankful for the cooler temps and lower humidity here the last couple of days. I'm thankful that T got a raise this week. I'm thankful for silly pets that make us laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss Lillybet greeting me at the car with her tail wagging. It was always such a Jeff Foxworthy moment. Love Mama Noel

Family by Love said...

Lord, You know the pain this family is going through. Lord, you know what needs to be done to bring J home. Please allow the paperwork to be done, the passport & visa to be issued and allow J to finally come home. Our adoption did not take this long and I know how much it hurt in the time we had to wait. I can't imagine how much it hurts to wait even longer. Please wrap your arms around this family and keep their faith in You strong. Grant them peace and joy. Thank You for allowing them to be such a wonderful example of your strength. Amen.
I love you Amy. I am praying for you with tears in my eyes and pain in my heart. I can't wait to hear that J is on his way home to you.
Ruth