Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More J'isms

This morning J and I were talking about hot dogs and I asked him if it was cannibalistic for dogs to eat hot dogs. He looked at me kind of funny and thought just a second and then he said, "It's kind of weird for dogs to eat hot dogs 'cause it's like dey are eating deirselves." He got it!! I was so excited.

Then we went on to talk about the movie The Spy Next Door and how they fed a pet pig a piece of bacon. I said I didn't know why people kept pigs as pets anyway and he said so they could eat them. I didn't think they were going to eat their pets. Then I told him the story of my dad standing me in the barn when I was a teen and telling me to make noise and wave my arms if the pigs came near me. He was trying to get them onto a truck. He gave me a 2x4 and said if they didn't stop when I waved my hands and hollered then hit them with the 2x4. He let them out and herded them towards me and I waved my hands and hollered and one kept coming so I hit it with the 2x4 but it ran between my legs and knocked me over.

J thought that was a funny story. And here's the genious part. He said, "You should have hit the pig hard enough to make it fly. Den you could tell Bampa dat ting you wanted and he said, 'When pigs fly,' dat pigs were flying and you want dat ting." (He really does talk in those dizzying circles.) Then we both laughed, J because he thought he was funny and me because he grasped a colloquialism and made a joke. How cool is that?!

No comments: